Fort Stevens State Park is off US 101 at 100 Peter Iredale Rd., following signs. The park is part of Lewis and Clark National Historical Park. The coastal campground park, Oregon's largest, is near the mouth of the Columbia River. Fort Stevens protected the entrance to the Columbia River from the Civil War through World War II. The Peter Iredale, a British Bark that shipwrecked in 1906, is visible at low tide. Clamming is permitted in season; state license required.
Pet friendly (call for restrictions/fees.). Recreational activities are permitted. Camping is permitted. Picnicking is permitted.