AAA Editor Notes
Harriton House is 1.2 mi. n. of US 30 on Morris Ave., .5 mi. w. on Old Gulph Rd., then n. on Harriton Rd. to the entrance. Built in 1704, the three-story stone house was the home of Charles Thomson, first secretary of the Continental Congress and designer of the Great Seal of the United States. The house has been restored to its original appearance and has some of the first owner's furnishings. The grounds cover 23 acres.
Entrance to the house is by guided tour only. Guided tours are available by appointment.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.