The Old Jail

175 E. King St.
Chambersburg, PA 17201- Map It
(717) 264-1667

AAA Editor Notes

The Old Jail, 175 E. King St., was built in 1818 and was one of the few buildings that survived the burning of Chambersburg by Confederate forces in 1864. The building, featuring an early drugstore, pioneer kitchen, changing exhibits and genealogical library, houses the Franklin County Historical Society.
Museum $5; $4 (ages 6-17); $10 (family). Library $5. Reservations are recommended.
Hours: Museum Tues.-Sat. 10-4, May-Oct.; Thurs.-Sat. 10-4, rest of year. Library Tues.-Sat. 10-4 (also Tues. 4-8), May-Oct.; Thurs.-Sat. 10-4, Tues. 5-8, rest of year. Closed major holidays.