The Captain William Vicary Mansion, 1235 Third Ave., is a three-story sandstone house built by Vicary 1826-29. One of the 20 rooms is furnished in period, but the highlight of the structure is the Federal architecture itself. Throughout the home, specially created viewing windows allow visitors to see what lies underneath the plaster and flooring. An archival room contains local history items and a library. Interactive living history and craft classes as well as five special events are held throughout the year.