AAA Editor Notes
Rock Ford Plantation, in Lancaster County Park at 881 Rockford Rd., is the preserved 18th-century brick Georgian mansion (built circa 1794) of Edward Hand, Adjutant General to George Washington during the Revolutionary War. The architecture of the house has been preserved to appear as it did in the 18th century. The four floors of the interior are laid out with four corner rooms branching off of a center hall. Displays of period furniture and decorative arts are on display.