Carpenters' Hall

320 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106- Map It
(215) 925-0167

AAA Editor Notes

Carpenters' Hall, 320 Chestnut St. within Independence National Historical Park, was lent by the Carpenters' Co. of Philadelphia for the First Continental Congress in 1774. A collection of early carpentry tools as well as chairs used by the Congress are inside. An 11-minute video presentation chronicles the history of the Carpenters' Co., which still owns and operates the hall.
Free.
Hours: Tues.-Sun. 10-4, Mar.-Dec.; Wed.-Sun. 10-4, rest of year. Closed Jan. 1, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas.