Washington's Headquarters is 3 mi. w. of the visitor center on SR 23W in Valley Forge National Historical Park. The house, which contains Revolutionary War-era furnishings, was rented by Gen. George Washington during the Continental Army’s encampment Dec. 19, 1777, to June 19, 1778, and served as his command post for coordinating the daily operations of the entire army.
The structure is also known as the Potts House. Park rangers are available to answer questions. Displays that chronicle Washington as a leader can be seen in the 1917 Valley Forge Train Station building next door.
Hours: Daily 9-5, early Mar.-Dec. 31 (also 5-6, in summer, based on staff availability). Park visitor center daily 9-6, in summer (based on staff availability); 9-5, rest of year. Closed Jan. 1, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Allow 30 minutes minimum.