AAA Editor Notes
LeMoyne House, 49 E. Maiden St., was the home of abolitionist and doctor Francis Julius LeMoyne. Built in 1812, the early Greek Revival stone mansion served as LeMoyne's office and apothecary shop and was a station for the Underground Railroad. The site, furnished in period antiques, now houses the Washington County Historical Society headquarters and the LeMoyne Historic Garden.
Guided tours are available.