AAA Editor Notes
William Brinton 1704 House and Historic Site is just w. at jct. US 202 and Brinton's Bridge Rd., then just s. to 21 Oakland Rd. The restored house was built by a Quaker farmer. It is furnished in period and features a walk-in hearth fireplace, leaded casement windows and a Colonial herb garden. Detailed room inventories taken after the builder's death were used as a guide when furnishing the rooms with antique furniture; some pieces have been passed down through the Brinton family for generations.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.