AAA Editor Notes
Hans Herr House is 4 mi. s. on US 222, then .7 mi. s. to 1849 Hans Herr Dr. Built in 1719, this is believed to be the oldest building in Lancaster County and the oldest Mennonite meetinghouse in America. The medieval-style Germanic stone house has been depicted in several paintings by Andrew Wyeth, a descendant of Hans Herr. The site includes the restored house, a Mennonite farm exhibit, a blacksmith shop, a native American longhouse and a visitor center.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.