AAA Editor Notes
Ex-Convent of Santa Rosa (Ex-Convento de Santa Rosa) is 7 blks. n.w. of the Zócalo at Av. 14 Poniente #305, between calles 3 and 5 Norte. This partially restored convent has a museum (Museo de Arte Popular) with handicraft exhibits and a splendid 18th-century tiled kitchen. According to legend, the traditional chocolate and chile sauce called mole poblano was invented here by nuns who wanted to prepare a special dish for the saint's day of their bishop.

A government-sponsored craft shop on the premises sells embroidery, lace and poblano craft items.

Admission
30 pesos.
Hours
Tues.-Sun. 10-5.
Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in Puebla, PU
Restaurant
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in Puebla, PU