AAA Editor Notes
Iglesia Porta Coeli is at Ramas and Dr. Veve sts., overlooking one of San Germán's two plazas, the Parque de Santo Domingo. Built in 1606, Porta Coeli is one of the oldest churches under the American flag. Its name means “gate of heaven.”

Restored as a museum, the church has wooden statues, paintings, ornaments and liturgical objects from Puerto Rico's historic churches; images carved by 16th-century santeros (saint makers); Spanish mosaics of Biblical scenes; and reproduction paintings by the 18th-century artist José Campeche.

Admission
Donations.
Hours
Wed.-Sun. 8:30-noon and 1-4:20. Closed major holidays.
Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in San German, 99
Restaurant
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in San German, 99