AAA Editor Notes
Val-Jalbert Historic Village (Village Historique de Val-Jalbert), 95 rue Saint-Georges, preserves the remains of Val-Jalbert, a once thriving early 20th-century industrial village. This ultramodern company town served the workers of a pulp mill; the earliest structures were built in 1901. The village was abandoned in 1927. Today, a convent school, a general store and rows of period houses can be seen.
Hiking and bicycling paths are accessible. A cable car operating May 28-October 10 takes visitors to a scenic overlook above Ouiatchouan Falls and lac St-Jean.
Camping is permitted. Picnicking is permitted. Food is available. Time: Allow 3 hours minimum.