AAA Editor Notes
Compton County Historical Society Museum (Musée de la Société d'histoire du Comté de Compton), at 374 RR 253, is housed in a former Congregational church built in 1841 and the Eaton Academy. The church displays local artifacts and period furniture; the schoolhouse contains agricultural equipment and utensils as well as an exhibit that tells the story of the first pioneers in the Eastern Townships. An archive stores books about the history of the Eastern Townships.
Time: Allow 1 hour, 30 minutes minimum.