AAA Editor Notes
Cap-des-Rosiers Lighthouse National Historic Site (Lieu historique national du Phare de Cap-des-Rosiers) is on Rte. 132 at the n.e. tip of the Gaspé Peninsula in Forillon National Park. From this point a messenger was dispatched in 1759, in one of the decisive battles of the Seven Years' War, to warn Québec of the impending arrival of British general James Wolfe's fleet.
The 1858 lighthouse, fog signal and radio beacon are still in operation. The structure is 34 metres (112 ft.) tall and the light is 41 metres (135 ft.) above the high-water line.
Guided tours are available.