St. Lawrence Maritime Park (Parc maritime de St-Laurent) is on Île d'Orléans in the village of St-Laurent at 120 ch. de la Chalouperie. The park is on the site of a former shipyard. Wood- and steel-hull ships and boats were constructed here between 1908 and 1967, a period when shipbuilding was the island's most important industry. Both an orientation video and guided tours center on three main topics: traditional shipbuilding inside a 19th-century rowboat shop, commercial shipbuilding and the shipyard, and life on Île d'Orléans.
The site offers access to the St. Lawrence River. A variety of hands-on workshops, such as a nautical knots class, are scheduled regularly.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted. Food is available. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.