This charming country inn has a huge lawn area and is in the center of a small, rural village. Rooms vary in size, some have contemporary décor and some have direct access to the outside. The property closes temporarily from November 15 to December 15.
Smoke free premises. 12 units. 2 stories (no elevator), interior/exterior corridors.
Pros: the place is really nice, under the clifs with a big green garden. the building was also really nice.
Cons: wifi was working really bad, they said that was becouse of a termporary problem, but in three days we stayed there it didn't work.
Pros: everything, location, food, clean
family with young children
Pros: Very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and accommodating of our needs, given our two young children. They explained all the local sites, with good directions. On the last day, they were extremely helpful in helping us change our booking for a whale watching cruise, without which help we would have missed the cruise.
Pros: Nice place about 4km away from the pier. Close to the river for salmon fishing etc. The family owners are friendly, however strict in their interpretation of hospitality - e.g. nor food/drinks allowed in the rooms, front door closed over night until 8am next morning.
Cons: Internet works poorly.
Pros: Breakfast was delicious and the hosts were lovely.
Pros: Food and staff were exceptional
Cons: This was not the kind of place we were looking for and made an error with the booking.
Pros: The owners were warm, friendly and helpful.
Cons: Linens were below expectations.
Pros: A beautiful B&B....graceful hosts. Clean and very well maintained property. Breakfast was excellent.
Cons: A bit on the expensive side.
Pros: Excellent dinner; perfect tidiness.
Cons: Unexpected pre-book deposit (50 CAD).
family with young children
Pros: - Great Hopstily
- Excellent cuisine by Chef Michel who combines local ingredients and flavors with his European style.
Pros: We did not like anything at all. It is a good location, if one wants to visit Saguenay parks and fjord, but not for visiting Tadoussac, whale watching, the St. Laurent river shore or La Malbaie.
Cons: 1. The driving distance from Auberge du jardin to Tadoussace is about 90 kilometers, not 22 kilometers provided on the website.
2. We can not cancel the hotel booking without incurring significant charges.
3. no flat screen TV
4. Limited number of cable TV channels
5. very slow speed Internet access
6. We could hear footsteps of guests from the room above.
7. Noisy plumbing - we could hear the plumbing noise from adjacent rooms.
8. Noisy fan in bath room - we could hear the fan noise from adjacent rooms.There was no separate switch for bathroom fan.
9. Highways from Auberge du Jardin and Tadoussac were very hilly, winding, parts under construction. It was dangerous driving, especially at night.
Cons: convivilaité situation
Pros: Madam delightful host and helpful. Restaurant had good food - breakfast was very good as well. Clean, quiet.
Cons: If you don't get a room w. A/C (unlikely you'll even need it), be sure to ask for a fan.