St. John the Baptist Church (Église St-Jean-Baptiste) is at 480 rue St-Jean. Designed by architect Joseph-Ferdinand Peachy in the late 1800s, the ornate church features a large Louis XV-style baldaquin over the main altar, paintings by 19th-century Canadian artist Antoine Plamondon, 36 stained glass windows and an 1885 organ that was enlarged by the Casavant brothers in 1921.
Guided tours are available.
Hours: Guided and self-guiding tours are available Mon.-Fri. 11-4, Sat.-Sun. 11-5, late June-Labour Day; Sat.-Sun. 11-5, day after Labour Day to mid-Oct. Mass is held Mon.-Fri. at 4:30, Sun. at 10:30. Allow 1 hour minimum.