AAA Editor Notes
Church of San Francisco (Iglesia de San Francisco) is opposite Jardín Zenea at the corner of Calle 5 de Mayo and Calle Corregidora. It dates from 1545 and dominates the plaza. The dome's colored tiles were brought from Spain in 1540. The church houses a collection of 17th-, 18th- and 19th-century religious paintings, and a figure of Santiago adorns the doorway.