General Nathanael Greene Homestead Museum at Spell Hall, 50 Taft St., was built overlooking the Pawtuxet River in 1770 by Nathanael Greene, the Quaker general second in command to George Washington. Each of the two main floors has four rooms, two on either side of a central hall. Every room has a paneled fireplace and large double-hung windows. Period furnishings and Greene family memorabilia complete the ambience.
On the grounds is a Revolutionary War artillery cannon.