AAA Editor Notes
The Breakers Stable and Carriage House is at Bateman and Coggeshall aves. Just west of The Breakers, the stable was built in 1895 to house Cornelius Vanderbilt's horses, carriages and grooms. Several horse-drawn coaches are exhibited as are Vanderbilt family memorabilia and a model train exhibit. Greenhouses (not open to the public) and a two-acre summer garden are on the grounds.