AAA Editor Notes
Green Animals Topiary Garden, .7 mi. w. off SR 114 at 380 Cory's Ln., was the summer estate of Thomas Brayton, who purchased the property in 1872. His Portuguese gardener created the topiaries shortly after the turn of the century. Boxwood-lined ornamental gardens surround more than 80 pieces of topiary, including a lion, a camel and a giraffe, sculpted in privet and yew, as well as boxwood and privet geometric forms and ornamental designs.
Formal, rose, fruit and vegetable gardens are featured, along with a dahlia garden. The main house contains period furnishings, Brayton memorabilia and Victorian toy collections.
Picnicking is permitted.