Government House Museum and Interpretive Centre is at 4607 Dewdney Ave. This Italianate-style mansion was the home of the lieutenant governors of the Northwest Territories from 1891 to 1905 and the lieutenant governors of Saskatchewan from 1905 to 1945. From 1945 to the mid-1970s the house served as a rest home for World War II veterans as well as an adult education center.
Flanked by 2.5 hectares (6 acres) of gardens and orchards, the official residence is restored to reflect its original Victorian elegance. Docents dressed in period garb conduct guided house tours. An interpretive center chronicles provincial history and features hands-on exhibits.
Picnicking is permitted.