AAA Editor Notes
Daufuskie Island Historical Foundation Museum Complex is at 48 Old Haig Point Rd. near jct. Cooper River Landing Rd.; it is the first stop on the Rob Kennedy Trail. Two buildings make up the complex: the Billie Burn Museum and the Janie Hamilton School. The museum is housed in Mt. Carmel Baptist Church No. 2, which was named for island resident and historian Billie Burn. It traces the Lowcountry island's history with articles that have been unearthed here, and a volunteer shares information about island life. The Janie Hamilton School houses the foundation's Gullah Learning Center and a children's exhibit.

Note: The island is accessible via ferry, water taxi and personal watercraft.

Admission
Museum complex free. Phone for ferry and water taxi fees.
Hours
Tues.-Sat. 1-4 and by appointment. Hours may vary during winter. Phone ahead to confirm schedule.
Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in Daufuskie Island, SC
Restaurant
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in Daufuskie Island, SC