AAA Editor Notes
Bedon-Lucas House Museum is at 205 Church St. This 1820 Federal raised cottage was built high off the ground so its occupants could avoid mosquitoes but also benefit from summer breezes. The Clarence Lucas family bought the house from Richard Bedon, the first known occupant, late in the century and made renovations reflecting Victorian style. The house, which includes a piazza, is furnished with antiques. The separate kitchen house displays kitchen artifacts from other Colleton County homes.
Time: Allow 20 minutes minimum.
Guided tours are available.