AAA Editor Notes
St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church is at 546 Main St. Completed in 1921, this Gothic Romanesque church listed on the National Register of Historic Places is known as the Cathedral of the Prairie. It is designed in the style of Bavarian churches. Decorative oak woodwork, including 300-pound oak doors, enhances the exterior.
Lovely interior highlights include a Last Supper bas-relief on the high altar and 31 stained-glass windows, 23 of which depict the life of Christ.
Guided tours are available.