AAA Editor Notes
St. Eustatius Historical Foundation Museum is across from Fort Oranje in the Simon Doncker House at Wilhelminaweg #3 in Upper Town. The museum chronicles the island’s pre-Columbian and colonial history. Special exhibits depict sugar production, shipping and commerce. Built by prominent merchant Simon Doncker, the house served as headquarters for Admiral George Rodney after he invaded the island in 1781. A walking tour of Oranjestad departs from the museum; advance reservations are required.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.