AAA Editor Notes
James White's Fort is at 205 E. Hill Ave. between Neyland Dr. and Hall of Fame Dr. The fort was the first settlement in this area and was the home of Gen. James White, who founded Knoxville in 1786. The fort consists of seven log houses, each containing pioneer articles and furnishings. Self-guiding tours are available.
Guided tours are available.