AAA Editor Notes
Mission Nuestra Señora de la Purísima Concepción de Acuña is at 807 Mission Rd. near Mitchell St. in San Antonio Missions National Historical Park. Relocated to its present location in 1731, the massive stone church with twin towers and dome was built by Franciscans and Native Americans and is known for its great acoustics. The chapel and convento contain frescoes that date from the Spanish colonial period.
Guided tours are available.