AAA Editor Notes
Ex-Convent of the Assumption (Ex-Convento Francisco de la Asunción) is s.e. of the main plaza and off a smaller plaza, Plaza Xicoténcatl; a cobblestone path leads up a hill to the cathedral. It dates from the early 16th century. The original chapel with its stone baptismal font can be seen. In the Franciscan church are gilded altars, 17th-century religious paintings and an intricately carved and decorated wooden ceiling in mudéjar (Moorish) fashion. A lovely open-air chapel features Moorish-style pointed arches.

Admission
Free.
Hours
Daily 10-2 and 4-6.
Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in Tlaxcala, TL
Restaurant
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in Tlaxcala, TL