AAA Editor Notes
Little River Railroad and Lumber Company Museum is at 7747 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy. (US 321). The museum depicts the growth of Townsend and the history of the 100-year-old Little River Railroad and Lumber Co. Before ceasing operations in 1939, the company reportedly was one of the largest commercial logging operations in southern Appalachia, constructing more than 150 miles of railroads in the Smoky Mountains and sawing some 500 million board feet of timber.

On the grounds is an original setoff house, a wooden water tank, a log loader, a Shay vintage caboose, two flatcars and a Frick steam engine.



Admission
Donations.
Hours
Mon.-Sat. 10-5, Sun. 1-5, June-Aug. and in Oct.; Sat. 10-5, Sun. 1-5, Apr.-May and in Sept. and Nov.; by appointment rest of year. Closed Easter and Mother's Day. Allow 30 minutes minimum.
Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in Townsend, TN
Restaurant
Restaurant Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in Townsend, TN