AAA Editor Notes
Black River Academy Museum is at 14 High St. The academy was founded in 1835 and drew students from all over New England. The original building was destroyed by fire in 1844, and the present Richardsonian-style building was completed around 1890, with future U.S. President Calvin Coolidge graduating that year.
In 1972 the building became a museum with a turn-of-the-20th-century school room; exhibits that include furniture, clothing, quilts and china, set in Victorian Era rooms; replicas of late 19th-century Main Street Ludlow businesses; and Calvin Coolidge memorabilia.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.