Old Stone House Museum, 2.5 mi. n. at 109 Old Stone House Rd., is in a four-story granite structure known as Athenian Hall, which was completed in 1836. Built by Alexander Twilight, the country's first African-American college graduate, it served as a dormitory for schoolchildren.
Displays include the collections of the Orleans County Historical Society, early American furniture, paintings, textiles, tools, toys and folk art. Two barns house carriages, sleighs, and displays of antique farming equipment and tools.