AAA Editor Notes
Wilson Castle, 2708 West St., was built in 1867 on a 115-acre estate. Nineteen open proscenium arches overlooked by a towering turret, parapet and balcony dominate the elaborate facade of English brick and marble. The castle's 32 rooms feature 84 stained glass windows and 13 fireplaces finished with domestic tiles and bronze; not all rooms are included in the tour.
Furnishings include European and Far Eastern antiques and museum pieces, along with statuary, Chinese scrolls and Oriental rugs. Paintings, sculpture and photographs are displayed in an art gallery. Cattle barns, stables and a carriage house are on the grounds.
Guided tours are available.