AAA Editor Notes
Carlyle House Historic Park is at 121 N. Fairfax St. Built in 1753, this stone Georgian mansion was the grandest in the new town of Alexandria. The house features rich architectural detail, authentic paint colors and fine furnishings. The manicured grounds include a garden with brick walkways and boxwood parterres. Exhibits interpret the domestic life of a Colonial gentleman, his family and his enslaved workers.
Guided tours are available.