AAA Editor Notes
Lee-Fendall House Museum and Garden, 614 Oronoco St., was built in 1785 by Philip Richard Fendall, an Alexandria civic leader who was the cousin of Henry “Light Horse Harry” Lee, the father of Confederate general Robert E. Lee. The house remained in the family until 1903. Accessible by guided tour, it is furnished with period antiques, including many Lee possessions. John L. Lewis, U.S. labor leader, owned the house 1937-69.
Guided tours are available.