AAA Editor Notes
The Falls Church (Episcopal) is near jct. US 29 (Lee Hwy.) and SR 7 (Broad St.) at 115 E. Fairfax St. Founded in 1732, the first church building was erected in 1733 near a road that led to the falls of the Potomac River—hence the name that later was adopted by the town. The present building, completed in 1769, served as a recruiting station during the Revolution, and in the Civil War it was used as a Federal hospital.
Renovations to restore the structure to its 18th-century appearance were completed in 1959.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.