AAA Editor Notes
Washington and Lee University is at 204 W. Washington St. A white colonnaded building houses the college, which dates from the 1749 founding of Augusta Academy. Later known as Liberty Hall, the academy was endowed by George Washington and renamed Washington Academy in 1796. Gen. Robert E. Lee was president of the college from the end of the Civil War until his death in 1870, after which the university took its present name.
Food is available.