AAA Editor Notes
Endview Plantation is at 362 Yorktown Rd. Built in 1769, Endview Plantation functioned as a Confederate hospital and headquarters during the Peninsula Campaign of 1862. The plantation’s former owner, Dr. Humphrey Harwood Curtis, was instrumental in organizing the Warwick Beauregards, a volunteer company, at the onset of the war. The cannons roar again each spring as part of a Civil War re-enactment. Historical programs also are offered.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.