Wilton House Museum is at 215 S. Wilton Rd. off Cary St. Built in 1753, Wilton was the home of William Randolph III, cousin to Thomas Jefferson. Before the house was moved in 1934, it stood on the banks of the James River about 7 miles east of Richmond, making it Richmond’s only James River plantation home. Portraits of members of the Randolph family and period furnishings fill the spacious rooms.