AAA Editor Notes
Fort Boykin Historic Park is n. on CR 674, then e. on CR 673 to 7410 Fort Boykin Tr. The park preserves the remains of a fort erected in 1623 to protect colonists. Built in the shape of a seven-pointed star, the fort was used in every major military campaign fought on American soil.
“The Castle” was renamed for Gen. Francis Boykin during the Revolutionary War. On the bluffs above the James River, the park features gardens, views of the Atlantic fleet and a trail with markers.
Picnicking is permitted.