The 1750 Isle of Wight Courthouse is at 130 Main St. Designed after the Colonial Capitol in Williamsburg, the original part of this building was constructed in 1750. Legal disputes of the day were settled here until 1800. The three-room building was then renovated and expanded into a 10-room, three-story mansion. The main courtroom has been restored to period.
Guided tours are available.