AAA Editor Notes
Ferry Plantation House, 4136 Cheswick Ln., is a Federal-style brick structure built in 1830. Docents describe the history of the grounds, which were, at various times, home to Native Americans, a ferry boat service and a courthouse. The guided tour highlights Colonial and Civil War topics, tobacco and flax cultivation, and weaving. Restoration of the home and archeological excavations are ongoing at the site.
Note: The house is not wheelchair accessible.
Guided tours are available.