AAA Editor Notes
Old Stone Church is 2 blks. s.w. of US 60 and US 219 on Church St. Built to replace a log structure, the church was constructed of native stone by Scottish settlers in 1796. The original slave balcony and hand-hewn woodwork are noteworthy. The church is home to one of the earliest Presbyterian congregations in the state.