AAA Editor Notes
First Capitol Historic Site is 3 mi. n.w. of US 151 at 19101 CR G. Two restored buildings stand on the site where the first territorial legislature met in 1836. In the Council House the legislature drafted many laws and fixed the permanent government seat in Madison. The lodging house contains displays about Wisconsin's early territorial government and history.