AAA Editor Notes
St. Joan of Arc Chapel is at 1415 W. Wisconsin Ave. on the campus of Marquette University. This Gothic, 15th-century French chapel stood in the Rhone River Valley until it was moved in 1927 to a Long Island estate and then in 1965 to Marquette University. Incorporated within the structure is the Joan of Arc Stone, before which the saint supposedly prayed. The small stone building contains items from the 11th to 15th centuries; four stained-glass windows were designed in the 20th-century by Charles J. Connick. Part of the floor is the tomb of the Companion of Bayard, a French knight.
Guided tours are available.