AAA Editor Notes
Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin is 3 mi. s. on SR 23 to 5607 CR C. The architect's primary home and studio was designed in 1902 and made of sandstone and native oak. Wright enhanced the site throughout his life. Included on the grounds are a school, small theater, living and dining rooms, drafting studios, a gallery containing furniture Wright designed, artwork from his Asian collection and photograph murals and models of buildings he designed.
The visitor center, designed by Wright in 1953, overlooks the Wisconsin River and is the origin of Taliesin's various guided tours, including the House Tour, which explores the house Wright designed and updated over a 48-year period. The Hillside Studio and Theater Tour gives an introduction to Wright and his work. The Highlights Tour features the interiors of Hillside and Taliesin, while the 4-hour Estates Tour includes the house and all other estate sites.
Guided tours are available. Food is available.