The Brinton Museum, 239 Brinton Rd., interprets the atmosphere of Western ranch life. The main house was built in 1892; businessman Bradford Brinton bought the property in 1923 and built several additions 1927-28. A large collection of Western art includes paintings, sculpture and etchings by John James Audubon, Edward Borein, Frank Tenney Johnson, Frederic Remington and Charles M. Russell.
Extensive collections of equipment, Plains Native American crafts, rare books and documents (including letters and manuscripts by William Penn, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln), and items pertaining to the history of the ranch are displayed in their original setting in the fully furnished ranch house and outbuildings. The Forrest E. Mars, Jr., Building features four galleries of Western and Native American art and artifacts, including changing exhibits of living artists' works and items on loan from other institutions.
Food is available. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.