International Relations

General International Travel Information from AAA

Disabled Parking Permit Usage in the United States

AAA recommends that disabled drivers from other countries driving in the United States, who need the use of designated parking spaces, contact the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in their destination state. Contact information for state DMV offices is available by accessing the AAA Digest of Motor Laws.

Additional resources:
U.S. Department of Transportation (
Department of Motor Vehicles (
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (

If you need additional information, please contact AAA International Relations.

If you are a AAA member, click here.