DescriptionClarkdale was named after its founder, William Andrews Clark, who purchased the United Verde Copper Co. in Jerome in 1888. In 1911, the mine's smelter was relocated and Clarkdale was created to house the company's 7,000 employees. Clark controlled every detail of the town's construction and incorporated modern details including a sewer system and hardwood flooring in every home.
The town's proximity to Tuzigoot National Monument , Prescott National Forest and Coconino National Forest allows for such outdoor activities as hiking and bird-watching.
Attraction PlaceHoldersVerde Canyon Railroad